For a few minutes I hoped that my teacher played an elaborate and evil April Fools joke on me. But it wasn’t a trick. Gordon was severely cracked because I didn’t cover him after shellac-ing him. My teacher came in later and showed me how to mix dry powdered clay with Elmers glue so I could glue him back together. This method was successful on the hairline cracks, but also problematic for the big cracks in the legs. We eventually used an epoxy type material and I cannot for the life of me remember the name.
Enjoy the process of making a rubber mold and shell below in this slideshow. :-)
Next stop, casting.